Friday, May 28, 2010

All Alone Whilst I Sleep

I just want to die all alone whilst I sleep
With no one near my bed to grieve and to weep
Don't waste your prayers on me for your own souls pray
Leave my remains with Nature that will be okay.

It has been awhile now since I was a schoolboy
But I've had a good innings life I did enjoy
My life well may end far from where it began
From my early home where I grew to a man.

I grew to love Nature in fields far away
Far north even by sky from where I live today
And though my wonder of her only does seem to grow
So little about her I can claim to know.

As human years go I've enjoyed a good span
Still I want to live for as long as I can
And die in my sleep alone and without pain
For tears for the dead I feel are tears in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment