Monday, May 31, 2010

My Silent Neighbour

In silence we pass each other by in the park or on the street
And though he just lives across the road from me we are strangers when we meet
I said hello to him a couple of times but he did not reply
Each to their own one must suppose and to all that does apply
He seems a harmless sort of bloke perhaps in some ways kind
But he must see a strangeness in me and the courage he cannot find
To even nod or say hello him I may never get to know
Though any form of dislike between us does not seem to grow
Since on the feelings of others we have no right to intrude
For to keep on saying hello to him on my part would seem rude
To me my silent neighbour as a stranger will remain
Of him I'll never make a foe or a friend I will not gain
I often meet him on the street or in the park nearby
And why he never even looks my way I never will know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment