Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Successful Person

On what constitutes a successful person why do you ask me
Since with what I have to say you may not agree
I do not look up to one because of his or her uni degree
But the one who lives good as good as can be
The praises of the president or prime minister many well may sing
But their sort of achievement to me does not mean a thing
I only admire those with compassion though I am all too aware
That compassionate people as ever are rare
Not for me those with big egos born of self conceit
The sort of people I do rather not meet
I like those who do their good deeds every day
And to help those in need of helping go out of their way
Your ideas of what constitutes a successful person are so different to mine
Though each to their own views and that suits me fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment