Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In Fifty Years From This Day

The animals we choose to eat like the pig and sheep and cow
Than us are not less mortals in fifty years from now
Few will know I ever did exist back to Nature I'll have gone
And the Seasons they will come and go and time will be ticking on.

The past has gone forever and the future is ahead
And in fifty years or far less from now I will be with the dead
The so called successful the famous and the wealthy not that important overall
Since for each and everyone of us there is a final Fall.

In fifty years from this day there will be less songbirds to sing
Though Nature will bring to the parks and the fields her wildflowers of the Spring
And due to Global warming the changes to the natural environment will be great
For the future generations such hardship we do create.

I've had my boyhood and prime and old age creeps on me fast
And in less than fifty years from now I will be of the past
Like the animals we choose to eat we too are born to die
That is a simple fact of life and facts do never lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment