Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Do Not Know

I do know where my life's journey began at
Though I do not have a clue where it will end
When the Reaper will come to claim the life's breath from me
Though that will occur on such one can depend.

So many believe on a life after death
And on the existence of a heaven and a hell
But the dead forever in their graves are silent
And of a life after death none have come back to tell.

Immortal is a word reserved for Nature
The only immortal of which we do truly know
About the God in his heavenly kingdom
The mystery of myth or not does seem to grow.

Some people for their God do kill and die for
To end the lives of others their own lives they do take
And in so doing break Moses Fifth Commandment
This is the choice in life they choose to make.

I do not know where my life's journey will end at
Though everyone does know where for them it began
I only wish to grow old without harming others
And die without pain as an aged man.

No comments:

Post a Comment