Friday, August 27, 2010

I Know That I Might Feel A Stranger Today

I know that I might feel a stranger today
Where I grew into manhood from here far away
And a stranger where I often walked up and down
The undulating sidewalks of old Millstreet Town
Where mine many years ago was a known face
A stranger in Claraghatlea my old homeplace
But old fields I worked in and walked in would still look the same
Many of them I recall by their given name
The children of some of those I went to school with are grandparents today
And our biological clocks ever ticking away
But fond memories of what was till death with us stay
Absence makes the heart grow fonder as some like to say
And I still miss the homeplace of badger and gray crow
Where the Cails from Kippagh to the Finnow does flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment