Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Great Life Ambitions

My great life ambitions have faded away
Like the leaves of late Fall they've withered to decay
Our daydreams of our young years for few do come true
Suppose we receive from life what is only our due.

I daydreamed of great things back in my life's prime
But those dreams have faded and lost out to time
My best years behind me and old age ahead
But I wish to live on I'll be forever dead.

Those who realize their daydreams are the lucky few
You might say to that tell us something that's new
'Tis true that the will to succeeed is born within
But many have to lose for one for to win.

My great life ambitions are dead as can be
And the biological clock it keeps ticking on me
In life many lose for one to win as the wise one did say
That says it all about life since life is this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment