Monday, August 30, 2010

Old Bill From Dubbo

Old Bill says the decades went so quickly when looking back on time
It seems like only yesterday when I was in my prime
Near Dubbo in New South Wales in the brown countryside
Our cottage was surrounded by paddocks flat and wide
Where I was raised a suburb of Dubbo today
Time does bring change it has always been this way
Where paddocks were cars, buses and trucks buzz up and down
The busy streets of the Suburban Town
Last February old Bill turned seventy three
He says time ticks on it did not wait for me
I feel lucky a long healthy and happy life has been mine to enjoy
Though it has been awhile since I was a boy
In the countryside a mile from Dubbo of paddocks flat and brown
In a place of few houses that now is a town.

No comments:

Post a Comment