Friday, August 13, 2010

We Are Part Of Nature

The bond to our Earth Mother in most of us is strong
As is in the blind earthworm or as is in the bird of song
But what I am about to say most would dismiss as wrong
That we are part of Nature and to her we do belong.

So many people believe in on their great God in the sky
In the land that's known as Heaven where winged angels fly
Above the ever flowering fields to greet the dawn of day
If this what they believe in with me that is okay.

My God resides in Nature and my God is a she
I marvel at her beauty everywhere around me
I never cease to feel amazed at her creative powers
The one who supports all life and gives birth to the flowers.

Were I born a lyrical poet to Nature I would write
A poem that would make others happy for to read and to recite
That will never be my privilege though her I do admire
And of gazing at her beauty I never seem to tire.

The one who creates a lovely rose on a thorny rose tree
But that with we belong to Nature many would not agree
They are entitled to their beliefs since to each their own
But on gazing at her beauty such pleasure I have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment