Tuesday, October 26, 2010

By Time I've Been Fettered

By time i've been fettered of that i won't lie
I'm too old to daydream and too young to die
With nothing to aspire to and my best days long gone
And only the fear of death wills me to live on

Until the Reaper claims the life's breath from me in his chosen way
I will keep living on to my last last night and day
And hopefully live out my natural time span
And die without pain as a very old man.

Each time i look in a mirror looking back at me
A gray haired balding old wrinkled bloke is all i do see
I never was dashing or handsome even in my life's prime
We all grow frailer and uglier with the passing of time.

Time has left me lacking in sexual desire
And i do not exercise much since i easily tire
But to life like a leech to it's host i do cling
Though suppose in itself that's a natural thing.

An advert for failure or so it does seem
An ageing man without power and low in self esteem
My forgettable past i just wish to forget
Though there is plenty life in this old bugger yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment