Friday, October 8, 2010

I Will Keep Penning On

We all have our hobbies and addictions as well
Some play sports, some like fishing I pen doggerel
For many years I have been a rhyming buff
And I am still addicted to penning of stuff.

Since I commenced penning back in my life's prime
I have written a whole heap of doggerel rhyme
Though I never do fancy myself as a poet
Nor am I one worthy of literary note

And though my worth as a rhymer I have reason to doubt
No shortage of things for me to write about
Of Nature and people I meet on life's way
The rhymes do keep coming to me every day

Though everyone needed in the Wordsmith Trade
Out of millions of writers so few make the grade
In literature as in life for every winner the losers are many would you not agree?
That is how it is and it always will be

Though few seem to bother to read what I write
I post stuff to many an internet literary site
My best days in life to the forever gone
But for as long as I can I will keep penning on.

No comments:

Post a Comment