Tuesday, December 28, 2010

For Myself Why Should I Feel Sorry

For myself why should i feel sorry mine is not a sad life at all
I'm happier with my lot more than most are and i have good memories to recall
Of my walks in different places and of Nature's beauty i have seen
When i visualize i can picture the bluebells on the ditch of the bohreen
When Spring is in her prime in the Northlands and the hawthorns wear their white blooms of the May
And the nesting wild birds are singing in places from here far away
Where i first fell in love with Nature as a primary school going boy
And learning about her and her ways is something i still do enjoy
In this great far Southern Country the home of koala and roo
Kookaburra, emu and echidna, platypus, rosella and cockatoo
I enjoy my walks in the parklands where i learn from Nature every day
And than Nature there is no greater teacher at least not to me anyway
For myself why should i feel sorry when i do not know of poverty
And i live for enjoyment of Nature there are many far worse off than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment