Saturday, December 18, 2010

Time Is Ticking On

Time Magazine has it's person of the year
And the stories of the successful and celebrated we read of and hear
But the facts are we are mere mortals and facts never lie
And like all living things we are born to die

The past greats of the Human World to the forever gone
But their contribution to the betterment of humanity in recorded history lives on
But even such records in time may fade away
In centuries from now will people know of the greats of today?

Like the Seasons of Nature to life we come and go
And time does eventually become our foe
The child into adulthood quickly does grow
And the young one walks fast and the old one walks slow

Time is ticking on in my mortality
And the rhyme i do pen here may not outlive me
But in the end will it matter for me anyway
Since time has me nearer my last night and day

Far north of this Country my life's journey began
And there from a boy i grew into a man
The years telling on me and old age is ahead
And soon i will be with the forgotten dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment