Friday, March 4, 2011

Though To My Thoughts In Fancy

I do live far south of Hibernia's Shore
And even further in distance from the roadway from Millstreet that leads to Rathmore
But in my flights of fancy distance disappear
And what is far in mileage to my thoughts are near

The dipper does sing where the river rapids flow
And i can hear the cawings of daw, rook and gray crow
Far north of here my love for Nature did grow
Though little of her ways i can claim to know

Any of the stuff i have written may not live on in time
But of Nature and her ways i've penned reams of rhyme
My first rhymes came to me from here far away
In a place i've not lived in for many a day

I do live far south of the silver tongued rill
That babbles to the river from the field by the hill
Far north of this Land thousands of miles of sky
Though my thoughts in fancy to there often fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment