Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Congratulations Though

You tell me without asking of your uni degrees
And though i know such things do not grow on the bushes and trees
It does not make me respect you anymore
Than the poor homeless one with ill fitting shoes and feet blistered and sore
That has left him with corns that cause him much pain
All day he walks the street in the wind and the rain
And at night has to sleep in a cold draughty shed
With a blanket on the damp floor that serves him as a bed
Yet he is as good as you and he is as good as me
Since death does make us all equal would you not agree?
And since we are mere mortals in that we are born to die
The source of inequality is based on a lie
Without i asking you tell me of your latest success
Congratulations though me you have failed to impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment