Thursday, April 28, 2011

Die I must One Day

I hate the very thought of dying but die i must one day
Since death is one fact in our lives on which we do not have a say
I hope for to cling on to life for as long as i can
And without pain die in my sleep as a very old man
Some night or day we all must face our immortality
And whether i am buried or cremated seems all the same to me
Like the monarch and the president to the Reaper's scythe i will fall
We are mere mortals nothing more and death is for us all
I fear the very thought of dying in most a common fear
I hope to live to hear the blackbird sing in the Spring of next year
In the late Autumn of my life my best years are long gone
But i love life much as i fear death and i hope to live on
Until to the Reaper's scythe i'll fall whenever that will be
And the same for the president and the monarch as is for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment