Monday, April 4, 2011

I Am A Rhyming Man

I am a rhyming man just that and nothing more
A migrant in this land one from a distant shore
Learning of  Nature's ways is something i enjoy
I have loved and admired her ever since i was a boy
To old fields far north of here i do go back in time
To when i was a lad more than a decade from my prime
When Spring came to the north and spread around her green
And bluebells were in bloom on the ditch of the bohreen
The fields full of wildflowers and nesting birds sang all the day
And the hawthorn trees were cloaked in their white blossoms of the May
And where the river rapids go babbling along
The dark brown white breasted water bird the dipper is on song
I've been penning rhymes for close to forty years in time a lengthy span
And i will die as i live a migrant rhyming man.

No comments:

Post a Comment