Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Enemies Within

For years i have searched for my enemies only to find
That they are hiding from me in the confines of my mind
And they will remain with me until the day i die
If i did tell you otherwise then that would be a lie

My enemies i cannot destroy though they are destroying me
By preventing me of becoming the person that i would like to be
The years may have left me looking older and what hair i have left is gray
But my enemies are with me until my life's final day

We all do have our enemies our enemies within
For some they are soul destroying though some against them their fight do win
They cause me mental discomfort compassion to me never show
And they have robbed me of the happiness that comes from the inner glow

It would seem my enemies within are with me for to stay
And such enemies can be soul destroying despite what some do say
With every passing day more powerful they do seem to grow
And any sort of compassion they never do seem for to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment