Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Live Far South

I live far south of my first home in Duhallow
In Claraghatlea just west of Millstreet Town
Of personal successes i do not have any stories
I am one without any claim to renown

I've not been there for close to twenty five years
In time one might say quite a lengthy span
The babes born then one can say in their prime days
Imbued with the energy that does come with youthful elan

Perhaps i'd be a stranger to many now in my first homeplace
Though in fancy i can hear the babble of the rill
Flowing down through Claraghatlea to the Cails River
From high old Claramore by Clara Hill

'Tis true enough the now is all that matters
Though we do cling to our good memories of the past
And the days, weeks, months and seasons pass so quickly
And time as ever does keep on ticking fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment