Thursday, July 28, 2011

On Donkeys

For one to be referred to as a donkey is not meant to be a compliment in any way
But these should not be seen as put down words  despite what the ignorant do say
In my days as a primary school goer of donkey ways i grew to know
Then i came to realize those who look on them as stupid their own lack of knowledge do show

On my way home from school one evening i caught a stray donkey on the road
One who belong to traveling people those of the no fixed abode
I mounted him without a struggle here was a free ride home for me
But to the traveler's old gray donkey mine was not a good idea

He trotted up to the nearest thorn hedge along the ditch of the roadway
And left my bare legs full of thorns to my surprise and my dismay
I dismounted him in quite a hurry that donkeys are quite clever i learned that day
With painful bleeding legs from pricks of thorns for my donkey lesson i did pay

Than being referred to as a donkey far worse things one you might call
For donkeys they are very clever in any way not dumb at all
When i was younger and foolhardy and lack of knowledge was my foe
I did learn how clever they can be more than half a century ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment