Sunday, July 3, 2011

The One To Claim Never To Have Lied

The one to claim never to have lied is lying it does seem to me
For i cannot but only feel wary of the one who proclaims his or her honesty
By telling others you are honest that a lie never once passed your mouth
By your own lie on your honesty you are putting a doubt
By saying  you never told a lie your own self you deceive
For in your more than dubious statement anyone does not believe
A truly honest person is one i have yet to meet
Only a living saint would be untainted by deceit
The cynic in me causes me to doubt the one who has never lied
I do feel that such a person may have something to hide
When i say that we are all capable of telling lies that does not make a popular man of me
As most with that sort of reasoning i am sure would disagree
'Tis true enough as mortals us human beings are born to die
And on our life journey everyone of us do tell more than one lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment