Saturday, July 23, 2011

Perhaps I'll Never See Again

Perhaps i'll never see again the bluebells in the Spring
Blooming on the ditch of the bohreen or hear the chaffinch sing
When hawthorns are resplendent in their white blooms of the May
And Nature's flowers are blooming in old fields far away
Far north of this far southern town where i reside today
And only the memories of what was with me now seem to stay
The past has gone forever but the memories remain
And in my flights of fancy i walk in the fields again
The white breasted dipper is singing where the river rapids flow
And hidden in the rushes the shy cock pheasant crow
We only have the memories of days that are long gone
Time does not wait for anyone it keeps on ticking on
Still in my flights of fancy the robin's song i hear
And though the old fields may be distant in my thoughts they are quite near.

No comments:

Post a Comment