Wednesday, July 20, 2011

To My Own Self

To my own self i feel a stranger and all seem a stranger to me
On what i say do you see reason or with me do you disagree?
What makes us humans seem interesting is we all look at life differently
But then suppose if we all did agree on all things how very boring we would be
To myself i have become a stranger as a person i feel that myself i do not know
And even those that i am friends with apart from them i seem to grow
With them i share little in common perhaps they see me in the same way
The passing of time has not left me any wiser only looking older and gray
A stranger to my nearest and dearest and to people i meet every day
From living i've learned that the lessons of life don't come cheaply the price for them is big to pay
Even from those i have known for decades apart in our ways we have grown
I feel that to me they are strangers as if them i never had known
To my own self i feel a stranger and all seem a stranger to me
Which only does tell you about me how strange in my ways i must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment