Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Love Of Rhyme

For years i've been doing it 'tis what i love best
Though from it my right hand could do with a rest
Addicted to rhyming since seventy three
The love of rhyme has made a rhymer of me

I am one of those who pen rhymes every day
One never stops rhyming it does seem this way
For thirty eight years i've been a rhyming buff
And in that time i've written a whole heap of stuff

And though my worth as a rhymer i've reason to doubt
There is always plenty for to write about
Such as people and Nature and life of countryside and town
I just pen for the love of it not for renown

By the beauty around me to rhyme i'm inspired
Of singing Nature's praises i could never grow tired
Everyday in my walks new wonders i do see
In the immortal creator of all life forms none near great as she

For she is the one never destined to die
As death is for all of her life forms such as you and i
And as for me i hope to be rhyming till the day i do die
If i did tell you differently that would be a lie.




No comments:

Post a Comment