Monday, September 26, 2011

I Have Convinced Myself

I have convinced myself i am not good enough
That my rhymes are too simple and slipshod and rough
We are what we think we are that's how 'twould seem to me
And with that assumption many may agree

Were i a politician anyone for me would not vote
Since my own self i never do wish to promote
With my attitude i will never become a poet
Or be looked on as anyone worthy of note

Still the rhymes keep coming to me and i pen them down
But not for financial gain or literary renown
To penning stuff i must be addicted it does seem this way
For i keep adding rhymes to my list every day

For many years i have been a rhyming buff
And i am one of those who has penned heaps of stuff
With the rhyming of words i'm one who loves to play
And what i enjoy doing why should i give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment