Monday, October 24, 2011

My Worth As A Rhymer

My worth as a rhymer i have reason to doubt
But never shortage of things for me to write about
Who could not feel inspired on this beautiful day
In the blue sunny sky just a few clouds of gray

The nesting birds chirp and whistle on the bushes and trees
Their pleasant notes carrying in the freshening breeze
That blow in the park in the town by the bay
Memories of such beauty never fade to decay

Of such pleasant scenes rhymes are easy to write
Simple rhymes that are easy to read and to recite
The beauty of Nature a thing to inspire
And of singing her praises one never could tire

I do feel quite lucky as lucky can be
That another Spring i have survived for to see
The beauty of Nature is a wonderful thing
Such joy and such pleasure to all it does bring

Near where traffic from the highway does pass up and down
The birds chirp and sing in the park of the town
Though my worth as a rhymer i have reason to doubt
There is beauty around me for to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment