Monday, October 10, 2011

Though The Weather Not Even Chilly

Though the weather not even chilly i am feeling cold
It must be that time has left me feeling old
Though there is a slight chill in the freshening mountain breeze
One can hardly say 'tis cold at fourteen degrees
A typical enough sort of day for mid Spring
On the trees and the bushes the birds chirp and sing
A girl in a flowery summer dress smiles as she passes my way
To her it does hardly seem a chilly day
What is pleasant to her seems chilly to me
Suppose weather like most things is relevant that's how it seems to be
Clusters of pink blossoms adorn the fruit bearing cherry tree
And a crimson rosella flies with food to her nestlings in a tree cavity
And i feel the chill on my hands and my face
Though 'tis not a cold day in this beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment