Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Not For Me To Say

Since you cannot change the course of your life's destiny
Why worry about it what will be will be
You could die young in an accident or of old age at one hundred and three
Only know that death is for certain for you and for me

You ask me of the existence  of an afterlife of a heaven and hell
On such a subject i'd prefer not to dwell
As to your question i do not know the answer on that i won't lie
I only know that i am destined to die

Since of the life i now live is all i know about
Of the existence of a life after death i feel reason to doubt
If God does exist it is not out there but in the individual mind
As i do know some atheists who are compassionate and kind

The answer to your questions not for me to say
Only for us all there's a last night and day
I am one who hopes for to live for as long as i can
And to die without pain as a very old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment