Thursday, December 8, 2011

In Life

In life i have made a few friends and i am not one without a foe
And my past it seems to follow me to wherever i do go
Success in life it does seem is a relative thing
Though only the praises of celebrities some do see fit to sing

The ups and downs of living life like most others i have known
But my problems are of my own making and what is mine i own
Many others far worse off than me so why should i complain
And grumbling of your lot in life new friends for you don't gain

So many people doing it tough in the Human World of today
And many far too many working for poverty line pay
And many becoming poorer for every new millionaire
Of the hardship the poor must endure most of the wealthy not aware

Compared to some i may seem poor but many far worse off than me
I am not homeless or stateless and i am not a refugee
Yes many far worse off than me that does seem sad to say
And the gap between the haves and the have nots keeps on widening every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment