Friday, February 10, 2012

Easy To Me

If it were not easy to do it then it would not be for me
I find penning rhyme easy as easy can be
I've been rhyming for close to four decades and that is going back in time
And just like i told you anybody can rhyme

And though my worth as a rhymer i have reason to doubt
No shortage of things for me to write about
This thing known as writers block is a stranger to me
To rhyme to me does seem to come easily

In the blue sunny sky just a few clouds of gray
So easy to pen rhymes of such a nice day
White butterflies dancing in the timid breeze
Above the wildflowers and the bushes and trees

My doggerels in numbers with each passing day does grow
Anybody can pen rhymes that i ought to know
I've penned thousands of them since nineteen seventy three
It is something that seems to come easy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment