Thursday, February 16, 2012

We only Can Live In The Now

All i do retain of the past is a fading memory
Of what was in times long gone and never more can be
Time does not wait for anyone it did not wait for me
The brown Autumn leaves of the big flood eventually reach the sea
To travel far south of my home fields has been my life's destiny
And where my life's journey began i  never more may see
The longest lived life in time is brief one is forever dead
The past forever in the past and the future is ahead
And we only can live in the now though the memories good or bad we retain
Of the past that is forever gone and can never be again
Of people and places of my past i occasionally do dream
And the dipper's song does come to me from the silver tongued stream
That flows in a constant babble every night and every day
Through the old fields of my boyhood to the river far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment