Monday, February 27, 2012

What It Has Done To Me

It has been awhile since i was a young man
And i know that i have lived the most of my life span
I am only five years short of three score and ten
And physically on the decline like all ageing men

Going back a few years with three decades in time
And that is awhile since i was in my prime
And though at my best not what you'd call an athlete
The years have left me moving slow on my feet

It is true about time it takes care of us all
And for each one of us there is a final Fall
Like all other life forms the facts do not lie
We are born to live for awhile and to die

In sports i could never claim to be amongst the best
For i was always found to be wanting when put to the test
But nowadays I'm far slower than i once used to be
Time will do to you what it has done to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment