Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Hope To Go On Rhyming

My rhymes not considered to be poetry and i'm not much use at writing prose
We all cannot be above average as one would have to suppose
But we all do need a hobby and for as long as i do live
I hope to be penning verses as rhyming joy to me does give
Anyone can be a rhymer 'tis as easy as can be
I've been stringing rhymes together since late nineteen seventy three
For to continue on rhyming it does take a rhyming buff
In close to forty years of writing i have penned a lot of stuff
To those who see me as addictive i must say they are not wrong
To the growing band of addictive rhymers i am one who does belong
I have never found it that hard to find things to write about
Though my worth as a rhymer i have reason to doubt
And i hope to go on rhyming until the day i die
If i told you any different i would be telling you a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment