Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I May Not Be One Of

I may not be as one of the successful  for such i lack in the ambition and drive
At this stage of my life i feel happy to be healthy and to be alive
I may not be old but i'm getting there last December i turned sixty five
My ambition for now is to be happy the only form of success for i strive
The pee wee in the town park is singing the magpie flutes on the gum tree
Oh isn't it great to be living Nature's beauty is all around me
To live happy and feel close to Nature what more of life could one ask or need
I cannot complain i feel healthy one might say i am lucky indeed
On March four the fourth day of Autumn the sun shines in clouds blue and gray
The temperatures in the low twenties it is such a beautiful day
The nectar eating honeyeaters chirp on the blossoming bushes and trees
And white butterflies in the sunshine do seemingly dance in the breeze
Though not financially well off i am healthy and living and all but free of inner strife
And that is enough of success for me what more could one ask out of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment