Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Children In Their Innocence

I overheard a young boy saying to his mother as i did walk by them on the street
Gee that old fellow does look very old mum children in their innocence are not discreet
His mother must have known i did overhear him as she did blush a bit on saying good day
But i pretended as if i had not heard i smiled in passing and went on my way
I pondered on the raw truth in a child's words to him i must have seemed so very old
In his eyes even one in his or her mid thirties would not be a young person to behold
To children to speak the truth does come quite natural without even meaning to cause offense
We lose our innocence before our mid teens discretion does bring with it better sense
A brown haired brown eyed innocent young fellow of four to five to six years old maybe
I overheard him saying to his mother how old i looked he spoke his truth on me
To him indeed i must have seemed quite ancient perhaps a century in years or more
To children people in their twenties ageing and one looks old to them a few years with two score
I overheard heard him saying to his mother as they were walking by me on the street
Gee mum he does look a very old fellow children in their innocence are not discreet.

No comments:

Post a Comment