Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Always Have Loved Mother Nature

I always have loved our Earth Mother since i was a young school going boy
Of her i have such marvellous memories that i do remember with joy
I retain mental images of first seeing and hearing a skylark a musical speck in the sky
And even when lost to my view i could hear him as into low clouds he did fly,
The bird who does live in the river every day and every night of the year
The scratchy song of the white breasted dipper in fancy i often does hear
The tiny brown wren of the hedgerow the bird who has the big bird song
One of Nature's many unmistakeables once heard and seen one cannot get him wrong
I have always loved Mother Nature's creatures one of the many aspects of Nature i admire
Of singing our Earth Mother's praises i don't think i  could ever tire
Her wonders as we know are many and her secrets as we know not few
And every day to our amazement of her we do learn something new
I always have loved our Earth Mother and doubtless i always will
Ever since i first heard a lark singing in gray clouds above the brown hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment