Monday, April 23, 2012

If I Could Live Forever

If i could live forever i would write rhymes every day
Of people and of Nature and places near and far away
I would leave it to the poets to write their poetry i would keep writing in rhyme
But i know i will not live forever i'm already running out of time
In the Fall of my existence time is running out for me
I feel grateful now for every day that i do wake to see
For close to four decades of years i have been a rhyming buff
And i am one of those people who has penned reams of stuff
I have been advised by some people to give my hobby away
And though i hear i do not heed when such words to me they do say
Since i am one who loves making rhymes with words i love to play
I hope to keep on rhyming till my last night and day
I've not lost my desire for to write rhymes though my best days long gone
As for as long as i can do i will keep on rhymimg on.

No comments:

Post a Comment