Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Only God That I Do Know Of

For years i have loved Mother Nature yet so little about her i do know
But the more that i learn about her the more my wonder of her does grow
For to say that she is awe inspiring would be only to give to her what is her due
When i say she is the only God i do know of i do say to me what is true
I remember i first grew to love her as a boy in old fields far away
And though i know that her secrets are many i am learning from her every day
One could live for hundreds of centuries and about her not know everything
But when i learn something new of her such joy to me such knowledge does bring
The only God that i do know of to say different would be a lie
I can say without reservation that i will love her till the day i will die
I marvel at her unrivalled beauty that is everywhere around me
Every day in my walks in her quiet places such wonderful things i do see
The artists on canvas do sketch her great beauty, the writers to write of her she does inspire
The only god that i do know of  and her i do greatly admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment