Monday, May 21, 2012

I Never Could Tire

The best things in life for free are all mine
How lovely to sit in the warm sunshine
In the park by the sea on a beautiful day
For Nature's creations money we do not pay

The birds chirp and whistle on sunlit bushes and trees
Their music is carrying in the freshening breeze
That blows up the street through the park from the bay
Earthly Utopia from here cannot be far away

Were i born a poet i surely would write
A poem for others to read and enjoy and recite
Of the beauty in Nature i do regularly see
Everywhere i turn to look it is all around me

I may be a man from a far away place
And mine here to many may be a stranger's face
But of Nature's great beauty i feel glad to sing
Such joy and such pleasure to me it does bring

I grew to love Nature when i was a boy
And learning of her ways i still do enjoy
And so much about her for one to admire
And of singing her praises i never could tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment