Friday, May 18, 2012

In And Near Millstreet Today

Where many fine athletes and footballers staked their claim to renown
I hear great changes are occuring in and near Millstreet Town
In the Millstreet i once lived in from here long miles away
To many by old Clara i'd be a stranger today
Yet the old fields of my younger years i know to me would look the same
Some of them as i do recall had their own given name
Where the old rill from the high ground down the fields of Claramore
Go babbling to the rivers to the far Atlantic Shore
Where i first grew to love Nature when i was a young boy
And learning new things of her something i always enjoy
In the countryside by Clara where mine was a well known face
To many i'd be a stranger now back in my first homeplace
Where the mentors of my younger years deep in Nature's bosom lay
To many i'd be a stranger in and near Millstreet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment