Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just For My Own Enjoyment

I have penned rhymes of Nature and of love and of life
Of the homeless fellow and the long suffering wife
Of life forms of land, oceans and waterways and animals, birds and bees
And the soughing of the wind in the branches of the trees

On many various subjects i have penned rhymes about
But my worth as a rhymer i feel reason to doubt
Without much recognition and without wealth or fame
Penning rhymes for me has been a hungry belly game

I have never referred to myself as a poet
Nor i do not feel worthy of literary note
I just write for enjoyment and nothing more
This is something you may have heard me say before

My best days in life to the forever gone
But for as long as i can do i will keep on rhyming on
The rhymes keep coming to me on paper i jot them down
Just for my own enjoyment and not for wealth and renown.

No comments:

Post a Comment