Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Am Just One Of Those

I am just one of those who seems tied to the past
But even the best memories of what was in me fading fast
Just like an old tractor parts fading in me
My mind it is not what it used to be

Fond memories i cherished are fading to decay
Of faces and places from here far away
Where many did see me as one of their own
To most there nowadays i would not be known

Fading memories of beauty in long gone Springs seen
When bluebells were blooming on ditch of bohreen
When cattle on lush grass were gaining weight by the day
And the hawthorns were in their white blooms of the May

And healthy looking and green after recent showers
The old fields resplendent in their Nature's flowers
The fast fading memories are all i retain
Of places i loved that i may not see again

Where i used to daydream i would be a poet
One seen to be worthy of literary note
But daydreams for most people never come true
And what we receive from life perhaps our due.

No comments:

Post a Comment