Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Have Outgrown Nostalgia

I have outgrown nostalgia for my first homeplace from here far away
For Claraghatlea in view of Clara where i lived for many a day
For Millstreet and Millstreet Town where i was well known
Many there nowadays would not see me as one of their own

It has been almost twenty six years since i've seen Clara Hill
And heard the dipper sing in the babbling rill
That flows from the high fields of green Claramore
To the waterways bound for the Atlantic Shore

A migrant in this Land to most i would be
And absence would have made a stranger of me
To many in that old green countryside by Millstreet Town
Where i had my young daydreams of literary renown

But daydreams are just that and seldom come true
And 'tis said we receive from life what is only our due
Perhaps in this great southern Country my last remains will lay
Far south of where i first looked on the bright lamp of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment