Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Past Follows On

It remains in the mental pictures in my memory
Wherever i go to my past goes with me
When i visualize familiar faces i see
I picture them now as they used to be

I may live far south of Hibernia's Shore
And even further from the high fields of Claramore
But mental pictures of what was in my mind does stay
And in fancy i see old Clara  every day

And Claraghatlea my birthplace where my first rhymes i wrote
Where i used to daydream that i would be a poet
But daydreams are just that and seldom come true
And we receive from life what is only our due

My mental pictures of the past have not changed in time
In them my friends of my younger years still in their prime
Though in reality from them i live far away
And even some of them where the deceased are now lay

My best days in life to the forever gone
But wherever i go to my past follows on
It has followed me from the green fields far away
Old memories die hard as some are known to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment