Thursday, July 19, 2012

That And Nothing More

My lack of material success does not bother me
And though not wealthy i do not know of poverty
And old age creeping on me five years with three score
I want to live as a better person that and nothing more
Perhaps the term of selfcentred to me does apply
And in me plenty of room for self improvement that i won't deny
Make yourself a better person make the World better to live in applies to us all
Any act of kindness towards another is never too small
In life it is said we must give to receive
On such a philosophy i am one who believe
That we reap what we sow in life seems to be true
And to the kind and compassionate good things will be their due
I wish to live as a better person that and nothing more
This is something you may have heard me say before.

No comments:

Post a Comment