Friday, November 2, 2012

Wherever I Go To

Wherever i go to my past goes with me
It is living and breathing in my mind's memory
In the chilly gray dawn to warm herself in a field by Millstreet Town
The hare she is racing in her coat of light brown

When i visualize such great beauty i do see
The male chaffinch is singing on a leafy birch tree
The bluebells are blooming on ditch of bohreen
And the wildflowers are blooming in fields lush and  green

The lust of the wander in me  it was strong
But my love of the old fields with me came along
In the gray of the Spring dawn just before sunrise
The song of the dipper in the river i often visualize

The hawthorns resplendent in their white blooms of the May
And the swallows back home to breed from their wintering grounds far away
Are chasing flying insects above the old fields all day
The memories  of what was in the migant mind stay

The long gray twilights long after sunset
Such things one remembers and never forget
The mental pictures of what was in the memory remain
And in fancy i walk in the old  fields again.

No comments:

Post a Comment