Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dangling From A Rope

Though some may look on me as as quite negative i will not be found dead dangling from a rope
For i love life and wish to keep on living and i am one who is not without hope
Of better times in every new tomorrow the future days some happiness may bring
I have no reason to complain of my lot the gift of life is such a marvellous thing
I will never be one of the  famed and wealthy though in my younger days i daydreamed of being a poet
But daydreams are just that and for few come true i will never become one of literary note
In the  recent past i've thought of quitting rhyming but a voice in my mind to me did say
Remember you are not a quitter Francis you never ought to give rhyming away
I look in hope to every new tomorrow the rhymes keep coming to me every day
A rhymer always happy penning new rhymes i am one of those with words who likes to play
I well may not be one of life's successes but the thought of failure does not get me down
I no longer have the desire and ambition that does lead people to wealth and renown
The great gift of life is the greatest gift of all gifts and i do look to the future with some hope
I love life and i hope to keep on living and i will not be found dead dangling from a rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment