Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I Cannot Say

I cannot say i am a good person though i never wish on others ill
I do not live  as a vegetarian i eat creatures others do kill
And because of me  animals suffer and die in a horrible way
Good people never cause animals to suffer though most would not agree with what i do say.

I cannot say i am a good person though i empathize with the downtrod
I am not pure and clear in my thinking and to many i seem a bit odd
Not seen as a successful person as on my roadway of life i do plod
And it is surely not to my advantage that i do not have a heavenly god

When i say in me heaps of room for improvment i only say of me what is true
If living to me is  a battle what i receive from life is my due
In school  i was dunce of the class-room perhaps i did wish it that way
Even then the  negative streak it was in me and it does remain in me today.

I cannot say i am a good person though that i never pretended to be
I am not one into self improvement though heaps of room for self improvement in me
My journey in life will not take me to riches and fortune and fame
And if living for me  is a battle for that i have myself to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment