Friday, December 7, 2012

The Wanderlust It Is Still In Me

The wanderlust it is still in me for Lands that i never will see
And  though i am one of the ageing the spirit of adventure is alive in me
I have only been to six Countries not what one would call a well traveled man
I have  not been to China or Russia or India or Pakistan
I do live far from my birth Country in sky miles far south of my first home
But i've not seen some of the World's great Cities such as Paris or Rio or Rome
I'd love to visit the Serengeti where amazing wildlife range free
And i dream of boating on the Amazon River but a dreamer is all i can be
For to travel one needs heaps of money and air fares i cannot afford
Of living long term in the one place i am one who becomes very bored
I am not a well traveled person though i live far south of Clara Hill
I have never been to Turkey or Egypt,  Germany, Italy, Argentina or Brazil
The wanderlust it is still in me for Cities and Countries far away
Though  the years have left me  looking older and  the  hair on my balding head is silver gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment