Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Know Of Life It Is Not Always Easy

I know of life it is not always easy though many know of it far tougher than me
I was not born to be a homeless person and i was not born to be a refugee
But i too have my moments of great sadness when happier times lost to me i recall
That our saddest memories can be born of laughter is something that does apply to us all

In life in many ways i have been lucky and of my lot i never could complain
But i too have known of the tearful moments the  sorrow we do feel in others pain
I've wept for the deceased in life that i did love in the flesh them i will not meet again
That we weep for ourselves when we do weep for others a fact of life beyond me to explain

I live far south of my first ever homeplace from where in life  i see my first sunrise
The passing years have left me  feeling older and natural aging i have no wish to disguise
I was a primary schoolboy of the fifties and going back in time  that does seem long ago
I am in the Autumn of my life's existence the ticking of time it has  become my foe

I know of life it is not always easy though having said that i too am aware
That many than me do know of it far tougher and are burdened with heavier crosses for to bear
Suppose in many ways i have been lucky far luckier than many could wish to be
I was not born to be a homeless person and i was not born to be a refugee.

No comments:

Post a Comment